Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Coffee and Wisecracks

The past couple of days have been a great reminder to me of why I love Mon Cafe.

On Friday afternoon water began pouring out of the bowl of the toilet and the wall where its line is attached, due to the archaic plumbing systems of the decrepit building that our lovely cafe in located in.

All the usual suspects show up- Joe, Wayne, Kelly, to help us get the situation under control. Hilarity ensued. They turned off every water meter they could find on the property, trying to discover the one that supplys water to Mon Cafe. Finally the main is located and the job gets done. Afterwards, on hands and knees, Kelly and Wayne cleaned up the bathroom floor.

Manami and I took pictures for the sake of evidential proof- that yes, sometimes, men will clean the bathroom.

This place cracks me up- i swear, the relationships that have developed, the characters who hang out here- its unreal. i love it.

Manami read my "fortune" for me the other day- Japanese astrology, perhaps? She is one of the most adorably animated people i know.

I think i'm going to start writing about individuals here- fictionalize a bit, but try to capture the essence of them.

So many more stories, i need to write them down as they happen. The one thing i am so impressed with about this place- is the sense of community here. It's incredible.

I'm happy today. Feel like maybe the clouds are parting a little. It nice, and needed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rach, you are absolutely, de facto a great sprit. It warms my heart when your happy and your true self shines through. We all come here for coffee and leave to start our day,Injected with your big smile and warm soul, it leaves us with this warm feeling that springs up inside us. Let the sunshine in............

Anonymous said...

All the usual suspects. what a great title for you first book. Hope their's a part for me.........