Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Process of Moving...

as i move through the house,

removing my things
it feels as if i am removing myself
as well,
little by little
gathering myself
back into my arms.

and my boxes are titled
by the content,
full of things
written in coded text
like so many memories
packed up and waiting
for my
next
adventure.

the scratches and chips
on my furniture
tell a history
of quick escapes
and near misses,
of searching
and searching
and searching
for home.

i look at all my shit
fondly,

and remember

people and places,
surprises
excitement
lessons
sorrow and
delight

i re-member myself
from the stories
that they tell.

and i think i'm beginning to like
all that is
bittersweet,

the sweet makes the bitter thicker-
wrapped around my tongue
it tastes like being alive,

while the bitter makes the sweet
just that much richer-
and i savor each moment
here
with you.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers to "the taste of being alive." You are amazing and I love you so much!

Trina Merry said...

This is super beautiful!!!

So...I know you probably thought I was above tagging you with a meme.
But apparently I'm not.
I'm that low.
See my blog for details. ;)