Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Miss...

...Everyone.

don't get me wrong. there is still family here yet! but most, it seems, are on the road and incomunicado. sigh.

mi querida hermana, la Sarita, me escribio y me invito a te for two...in Argentina. I can just imagine it now...Sara and I in our finest rags, barefoot and dirty, sitting down for tea with exotic birds singing in the trees above us, while the mangoes, so heavy with sweet nectar, fall to the ground at our feet. (in my fantasy, there is also a waterfall lightly misting us, cooling us off in the afternoon heat with a rainbow reflected in it's spray...asking too much?)

sigh.

i feel like i'm at the starting gate, waiting for the gun to fire....wait for it....wait for it....and still waiting. man, it's killing me...slowly.
ok, maybe that's dramatic. most days i am grateful for exactly where i'm at. Life is good. truly.
somedays i'm just a little impatient. :)

really all i want to do is play guitar, write, read, and art all day long.

is that so much to ask?


Love-

3 comments:

aurora bender said...

i posted a quick update. not very exciting.

vi ses!

Anonymous said...

“Change is not a process for the impatient.” Yet she who is not impatient is not in love. just cru-sin

thomas said...

i know exactly the feeling Rach, hang in there. The time for your adventure will come soon enough, until then try and enjoy home the best you can (see some good poetry! go do some graffiti! talk to asian people!) the cool thing about the Bay Area is that you can travel somewhere new every day just by getting on a random bus, taking the train over to The City.

you should call me! hooray!