Wednesday, November 16, 2005

new.

some people carry baggage on their backs for so long
that the straps meld into their skin,
well i've never carried anything for too long-
my baggage is within.

this heart has been broken too many times
i don't know if she can love again
I said this heart has been broken too many times
I don't know if she can begin

then i hear a whisper in my ear
the voice of God in my heart, He says
Dear Child, don't you think I know
about a broken heart?

Jesus laid his heart out for all to see-
and we crucified him on a cross.
and still his invitation calls to you and me-
Come and rest here in My arms,
Come and rest here in My arms.

everyday is a heart break for God
as we flee from His Son
yes everyday we break the heart of God
as we reject His love

and so i know now that when i pray
GOD, PLEASE TAKE THIS PAIN AWAY
He sits right down beside me
takes my hand and says,
Dear little one, I understand.
I understand.

and so i'll pour my heart out
with every breath i take-
Jesus, if You want my broken heart
that's a sacrifice i'll make
cause Your heart is breaking everyday,
Your heart is breaking everyday.

i heard a whisper in my ear
the voice of God in my heart, he said
Dear Sweet Child, don't you think I know
about a broken heart?
Come and rest here in my arms.
Come and rest here in my arms.

2 comments:

Dave said...

All along this path I tread
Where I've fallen down and bled
I know some day I'll make it home
Straight to the sound where the Angels roam

This path is blue like jazz, that's why it's so good.

adam said...

the beautiful journey of life whose pains and laughs are meant to be shared. thanks for being.