Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunday Yum

I am electric with connection
alive from the friction of interaction
-(iron and iron sharpen one another)-
fellowship and gathering
have truly blessed me today.

The body of Christ is beautiful.

God's spirit moved me this morning, woke me up to remind me who He is, who i am, what an amazing adventure he is continually inviting me to.
Living, breathing, being the Kingdom as He reveals more and more of his beauty. Our God is a jealous God, a jealous bridegroom....he wants our whole hearts!

in my reading this morning i stumbled into Jeremiah, where it talks about Israel and Judah as sisters. Israel is faithless and will return to God in repentance, while Judah is called "treacherous" for returning to God in deception--not wholeheartedly. Wow. I cannot say without much ache that i have been a treacherous woman in the past. Again and again i fear. The grace of God is beyond my comprehension- Jeremiah 3:22 says,

"Return, O faithless sons and daughters,
I will heal your faithlessness."

Mmm. How this speaks to my heart. I look back at all my periods of faithlessness, at all the dark deeds that occurred there (which grieve me) and i try to see the motivation lying underneath....why would i leave such loving arms for such empty wretchedness???

My wounds.
An utter sense of worthlessness that ate at me, constantly keeping me from the love that God was offering. I left what i did not fully understand and could not accept to be true.

This made me think about God's heart. Whenever i see someone i know suffering (emotionally, mentally) in their lives and i can see that they could be free from the pain--I ache for them. There is this yearning within me (this deep-gut-wrenching-heart-pulling yearning) to comfort them, to hold them, to simply envelop them in love--this is the heart of God, i think. He aches for us in our pain, calls to us softly-"Let me hold you, let me love you. Let me heal you."

Starting a new book, friend recommendation, "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. The subtitle is "Nonreligious thoughts on Christian Spirituality". Yum. All i know about him is that he comes with a high recommendation from a dear and respected friend... and he wants to marry Ani Difranco. I think i'm going to like this guy. :) Check out the author's note before the book begins:

"I never liked Jazz music because Jazz music doesn't resolve. But i was outside the Bagdad Theater in Portland one night when i saw a man playing the saxophone. I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never once opened his eyes.
After that i liked Jazz music.
Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way.
I used to not like God because God didn't resolve. But that was before any of this happened."

No comments: