Monday, April 17, 2006

thoughts on the way home...

Driving on 5
The weight of possibility
The levity of glory
Viewing all I have left behind me
With gentleness and grace

Those things I still carry
I hold tenderly, cautiously
Increasingly aware of my vulnerability,
Encountering less and less resistance
To these moment by moment surrenderings
Of my heart, my fears, my very life.

O Abba, Holy One
Ante ti doy me vida-
Please guide me,
You are my One desire.

The dust of a holy city
Clings to my clothing
Poor and divine
And dirty.
My heart beats truly when I am there-
This is a phenomenon I must explore.

North bound
I am
Breathing and living
Not resisting where I find myself to be-
In a car with three other crazy ladies
Who carry within them
Divine Wisdom-
Reflections of Sofia and the Heart of Christ.

Holy week in Mexicali
La familia, les amo mucho.
Me encantan los ninos,
La musica
La tristeza
El gozo
Me encantan todos.

Pull myself back to this Moment,
Inhale Life fully
And exhale until my lungs hurt.

I am remembering moments of hilarity,
Shared laughter
And a depth of love that transcends all spoken language.
O las chistosas, los tramposos-
Que sarra!
Tan gacho!
Un sape para ti!
Oh mis hermanas, hermanos- voy a extranarles.

What a beautiful Life
God gives us to live, to love, to enjoy.
My love for Mexicali
And my family
Only grows.

Driving on 5
Laughter and tears co-existing
Love transcending dualities
Until I feel like I could burst.
Coming into Love
Waking up to Life
Worshiping God in all I do
And recognizing the Divine in all the world around me.

Peace and Joy to all.
Paz y Gozo a todos.

1 comment:

Na said...

"And recognizing the Divine in all the world around me."

i love that. i love to be able to embrace that and know that it's not new age, but God can be seen through all of creation. he's an awesome , multi-God. I love His diversity.

By the way, I'm the anonymous one, and you're right, I did forget the beach. :) I left out probably even more beauty as well...

Do you have familia in Mexicali? Where is mexicali?