Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Miss Fiona-pants

Fragments of things running through my mind this morning. Half-written poems sprung from thoughts not yet developed fully. Things to get done, the list of "need to work on"s seems to grow daily.
I feel like i am constantly behind, never quite catching up. In my Humanities class we talked about how our society is extremely condusive to this- the pace of life is racing away from us and we are left feeling inadequate and inefficient.
how do i slow down my pace of Life? is it simply a matter of creating time and space for myself to just, be? to pray, meditate, center, recharge?

Fiona and i were car dancing this morning on the way home from driving her sisters to school. It was great. She and I have so much fun together. I think it is amazing how children can bring us back to the moment and teach us about seeing the world with wonder and awe. That and sometimes they are just downright HILARIOUS.

More later...a beautiful day to all.

5 comments:

aurora bender said...

I just realized why CIIS sounded familiar. My housemate is going to grad school there. I think to get her masters in applied or clinical psychology. (?) I am not sure if that is exactly it, but something like it. I think she likes it a lot actually.

Anonymous said...

What?!? how cool. i'd love to talk to her about it.
had fun with you last night. :)
remember...no prunes!
do you have an idea of who you are going to talk to?

aurora bender said...

I do. I think. Yes. I don't want to though. I guess that is the point?

So, when are you free? I suppose I could also drop by you one of these days. (although I can only get as far as the BART stations)

Anonymous said...

i have some time this coming week...left you a comment as well. i don't mind coming out your way...i need to learn the city a bit better! you could show me around. :) or we could head out oakland way...
whatever you want!

Anonymous said...

Indeed God uses children to bless us! What gifts I see developing in you! I love to hear your stories, please keep them coming because they bless others!
"Don't judge Rachell."