Thursday, December 07, 2006

Maheo, mi Diosito.

We just got back from Oklahoma last night. Some highlights...

First time in both Texas and Oklahoma.

While driving through Texas we saw an enormous monument on the side of the freeway. It was a a huge white cross, and at the base were statues of armed soldiers carrying their own crosses. YIKES. i mean, really. i couldn't believe it.

Eating Indian "fry-bread" for the first time. yum.

Listening to mixed CDs with James Brown, Otis Redding, Taj Mahal, and Bob Dylan.



The purpose of our trip was to honor and celebrate the life of my loved one's Uncle who passed away. I participated in a traditional Cheyenne meeting, which was more beautiful than i can begin to describe. Such a beautiful way of worshipping God. We prayed all night for the family, each other, and ourselves. It resonated with me more deeply than any church service has in a long time. So much healing happening.

I am so grateful for my time here and everything that i am learning.

I have two more weeks here and then i will be back in the bay area to see family and friends. Missing you all and sending you my deepest love-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it will be very exciting to have you here.