Monday, January 15, 2007

Coming Home to Me.

restlessness and peace coexist
in my soul
this afternoon.

i am content and resting
loving the people around me wholeheartedly
as they give me so much joy,
and i make their coffee.
we are laughing and sharing in each other's lives...
a community, a family, sometimes
perfect strangers teasing each other
into a smile.

and my soul rejoices in life's simplicity-
even while pondering it's complexity.

and still
i can feel the road calling me
the wind whispers my name-
and the Spirit and my heart converse.
the sangre de cristo mountains and winter storms
will frame my next major life lesson
and as the snow melts into spring i will be
transforming
as well.
the sound of a beating drum and rattle will be my soundtrack
and the piano will sift me from my dreams.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny what a wanderlove we both seem to have. adoring those around us, but still craving the road.

i, knowing what this last trip was for you, look forward to your pilgrimage this spring. your presence here is dearly missed in your absence, but really you are not far. and neither is your birthday.

Anonymous said...

before i forget, paxton had on the greatest shirt ever, yesterday. (holly's brother had bought if for him for christmas)

it was a barcode and above that, it read, "another dissatisfied customer of the united states of america."

haha.

Na said...

that's beautiful.