Saturday, October 22, 2005

kirkwood...

day of working hard, an AMAZING meal, now good conversation, laughs, hot shower, and bed!
i love it.
my hands are calloused and dry and my heart is quiet within me. what a beautiful place.
i've been craving work with my hands....this weekend was timely, and has been a blessing to my soul. I was feeling a bit sorrowful and confused last night and was pining for my guitar. Instead, i sat in a car and prayed. Honest and open, simply worded from the heart. Afterwards i felt lighter, relieved, calm, and peaceful- resting in the love of my Abba.
It made me think, what do i run to for comfort instead of praying, meditating, and connecting with God? Not that my guitar doesn't serve that in many ways, but sometimes i think in expressing the emotions within me (on guitar) i tend to dwell in them, and never reach a peaceful state, a resolution of some kind. Which i think is valid, too.
Anyway- time to go. Love to all, and peace.

No comments: