Friday, July 14, 2006

Cathedrals of Love.

...for you hombre arananjado.

Went to an AMAZING show last night....Andrew Chakan a.k.a. Kid Beyond who is an incredible beat boxing, song writing, humanitarian/activist/party animal. He performed along with Zoe Keating, who if you have not yet heard of is God's gift to the cello and to this earth. She is.....beyond words. She plays the cello and with the help of a loop pedal, layers herself over 16 times. It is absolutely angelic. It moves you so deeply. It has a similar effect that Sigur Ros has on me....maybe a little more so even.

My boys are still here, and just as crazy as ever....though Andy is missing his "voman." They will be leaving soon and i am sad. Their music has been filling my house and my heart-- it will be so empty when they go. Still, must leave that to the leaving and enjoy the time we still have together.

Going to Santa Cruz this weekend to visit my Natalie and introduce the boys to the California coast...i believe we will take Hwy 1 home. yum.

well, must go. love to all.

1 comment:

aurora bender said...

Andrew Bird is coming to the city on the 22nd of September. We should go. And, have you ever heard of DeVotchka? They are coming to the city next month. I think I will go to that too.