Friday, July 28, 2006

I Have the Coolest Job EVER.

So, funny happenings yesterday with my girls...quick story. :)

Brianna (the oldest), Fiona (the youngest), and i were in the backyard playing baseball. I was pitching and Brianna was up to bat. Fiona had deemed herself ball-girl, her usual position.
Picture this: As it is a hot day, Fiona is running around in just a too long white t-shirt and her Dora underwear. Brianna and I are concerned for her well-being and so, Brianna gives Fiona her BRIGHT pink softball helmet, that is 4x too large for Fi's little head. Her delicate golden curls are sticking out from underneath and she is having to walk around with her head tilted back so that she can see out from under the helmet.
Brianna and I decided not to play a full game, but just practice hitting the ball. I pitch the first couple of balls to Brianna, who smacks them good. Fiona, summing up my general synopsis of baseball, coaches her sister, yelling, "Run in circles!"

Brianna and I crack up, and I wonder at the world, and baseball, from a four year-old's perspective. I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was funny to read, but nothing was more hysterical than seeing you act it out. especially the fiona in her shirt and far-too-big helmet part.