Monday, August 07, 2006

Kahlil Gibran...and Joanne.

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
the philosophy which does not laugh,
and the greatness which does not bow before children."


mmmm, yes.

i have been feeling so peaceful today. yesterday too. i had some pretty dark moments there- but now this peace has settled in my deepest place. i am so grateful.

one more quote, from my friend at the coffee shop, a wise wise woman, a holy-mad woman.

"All is gift, because All is Well."


yum.

2 comments:

some chick said...

totally not related to your post, but i thought you would appreciate this. it's been a long time since i used my spanish with any regularity, but i'm trying more now that i have the chance. i was attempting to order ice cream from one of the cart guys at the park. usually I can do it without think about the words i am using, but..

i wanted to ask for a chocolate and banana ice cream bar, but my brain was thinking banana was manzana, which it's not anyway, and out of mouth came... mantequilla.

i asked the guy for "helado con chocolate y mantequilla." he just looked at me for a minute and i said, "banana, I meant banana!" in completely frantic english. at least i got it right when he told me in spanish how much I owed him and i gave him the right amount.

joshua had NO IDEA what had just happened, since he doesn't speak a lick of spanish, until I explained. he laughed at me.

mmmm... mantequilla ice cream.... who knows? it might be good. then again...

Anonymous said...

nice! i am familiar with these kinds of moments...embarrassing and hilarious. i always feel so sheepish.