Friday, August 29, 2008

Dear America,

Please don't break my heart.

I really believed in you. In 2004, when election time came, I truly believed that you could never, in your right mind or pure conscience, vote Bush back in.
But you did. And it took me months to recover. My heart and mind, even my spirit, were so completely confounded, disbelieving, and wounded.

Now, here we are again, nearing an election.
and Barack Obama makes me hope so much that it hurts.
I have barely been able to watch as his campaign has unfolded. The convention, almost unbearable. The paper this morning, too.

America, this is our chance. People are believing again. The world can change, but first we must make the changes here that have been so long needed. The weight of the world hangs on the outcome of this election- people all over the globe are holding their breath, waiting to see if we will condemn every last person on the planet to another Administration that is out of touch and completely self-serving, or if we will take a leap of faith and dare to hope for a better future.

Please, America, don't break my heart.

With Love and Respect and even Hope,
Rachell

2 comments:

Jeremy Zamecnik said...

If everyone thought like you, like a healthy, caring human, we would be ok.

That quote was from a small tribe that I forget the name of.

Yes, let's kick it. Give me a call!

Anonymous said...

i like the new picture. gorgeous cielo. i am really excited to see u on september 21. i wouldn't even mind seeing u before that. call me lady.
-shannoncita