Thursday, January 05, 2006

Forgive me.

"Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a woman; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
Where were you when i laid the earth's fooundation?
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, when i made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, when i fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place, when i said: 'This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt'?
What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside? Can you take them to their places? Do you know the paths to their dwellings? Surely you know, for you were already born! You have lived so many years!
Who has the wisdom to count the clouds? Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens when the dust becomes hard and the clods of earth stick together?
...Would you discredit my justice? Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let she who accuses God answer him!"



Then Rachell replied to the Lord:
I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?'
Surely i spoke of things i did not
understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.


Oh Abba,
hold me in your arms tonight.
forgive your wayward daughter
who is so quick to forget
Who you are.
I am scared and i feel so alone, my Beloved.
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

"Unless the Lord had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When i said, 'My foot is slipping,' your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."

"My comfort in my suffering is this:
Your promise preserves my life."

Thank you
thank you
thank you.
Your grace is sufficient for me.
how could i forget this?

No comments: